Understanding & Tackling Attitudes to Food Waste in Schools
UK households throw away 4.2 million tonnes of good food and drink every year – that’s enough to fill Wembley Stadium 9 times over, each year! A third of the world’s food is thrown away. Yet over a million people in the UK alone now rely on Foodbanks to help feed their families. This is both unsustainable and morally wrong.
We offer a three prong approach to address within schools:
For further information please contact email@example.com. Costs depend on general logistics relevant to each school.
The project was absolutely fantastic. All students were on task throughout and particularly enjoyed the practical element of the course. The course was fun and engaging. The food was amazing!
Thank you so much for delivering the session to the students yesterday. They thoroughly enjoyed it and spoke very highly of the session.
The event itself was fantastic. Rob, the chef, engaged the children from start to finish. The kids and adults learnt a great deal and it left all involved with a positive and inspiring feeling afterwards.
Upskilling School Cooks
I can honestly say that was the tastiest Christmas meal I have had in any school ever! Definitely want a repeat of that next year! Secondly, thanks once again to all at Cracking Good Food. Your cooks are having a really positive impact on our kitchen staff. I am looking forward to seeing the new menus soon
Schools are constantly being challenged by funding cuts, but with some adjustments & training, staff can transform what they cook by using more fresh local produce. Less of the tinned & processed, more of the fresh is what kids need to eat for lunch!
We can support and inspire school catering staff to really make a difference. Giving them a renewed energy and love of real food goes a long way when you’re cooking for 300 kids or more.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements.
And much more…
Cracking Good Food has worked with a diverse range of education establishments.
Read about more of our work in education in our Annual Summary.
- Abbey Hey Primary School,Gorton
- Barlow Hall Primary School, Mersey Bank, Estate, Chorlton
- Benchill Primary School, Wythenshawe
- Burnage Boys Academy
- Canon Burrows Primary School, Ashton
- Dial Park Primary School, Stockport
- Ellesmere School, Eccles
- Loreto College, Hulme
- Manchester Art Gallery
- Manchester Communications Academy
- Manchester Museum
- Manchester University
- Museum of Science & Industry
- Old Hall Drive Primary, Gorton
- Organisational Learning Centre (Europe) Ltd
- Parkview Primary School, Miles Platting
- Pauls Peel Primary School, Salford
- St Pauls Peel Church Hall, Salford
- Priestnall School, Stockport
- Reddish Vale Technology College
- St Kentigerns RC PrimarySchool
- St Marys CofE Primary, Moss Side
- Sale Grammar School
- Salford University
- Seymour Road Primary School, Clayton
- Shena Simon College
- Thames Primary School, Blackpool
- Tonge Moor School, Bolton
- The University of Manchester
- The University of Sheffield
- Urmston Grammar School, Trafford
- Wentworth High School, Eccles