THAI & VIETNAMESE
What will you cook?
Join Sam Sin for this 6-hour specialist Vietnamese and Thai cookery masterclass, where you will learn how to make a range of classic and more unusual dishes, all using the wonderful aromatic flavours of Thailand and Vietnam. Sam is a highly experienced chef with a wealth of experience of teaching people the tricks of the trade. By the end of the day, you will have cooked and feasted on the tastes of Vietnam & Thailand – you’ll go home with a wealth of new skills, and no doubt a couple of cartons of delicious leftovers…
Thot Man – those great little Thai Fish Cakes served with a sweet chilli dipping sauce
Thai Green Curry – we’ve all used a Thai curry paste at one time or another but to make this classic Thai dish from scratch is a completely different experience – you’ll never buy another curry paste again!
Som Tam – this spicy green papaya salad combines all the 5 main tastes of Thai cuisine wonderfully – sour lime, hot chilli, saltiness, savoury fish sauce and the sweetness of palm
Goi Cuon (Vietnamese Spring Rolls) – distinctive translucent cigar-shaped rolls packed with greens, shrimp or pork and herbs, with a traditional nuoc cham dipping sauce
Pho – a classic tasty noodle soup with the universal Vietnamese flavours of lime, basil, coriander, mint, chilli and fish sauce – a great staple to master and very healthy
New recipes from May 2020:
- Satay Gai – Skewers of marinated chicken served with a homemade peanut sauce, a popular street food snack
- Massaman Curry – A milder curry found in Southern Thailand, full of fragrant spices. Learn to make your own curry paste for quick homemade meals
- Tod Man Khao Pod – A common spicy Thai sweetcorn fritter served by street vendors all over Thailand
- Pho Ga – The iconic chicken noodle soup from Northern Vietnam that warms your heart and soul!)
- Banh Xeo – These crispy and savoury Vietnamese pancakes are popular street food snacks found all over Vietnam
Vegan, vegetarian and dairy free.
You can select your dietary preferences and inform us about any allergies or other requirements during checkout.
What do people think:
“Some nice cooking ideas that’ll use again.”
“Great advice and opportunity to ask questions.”
“Loved learning how to make fishcakes from scratch and the dipping sauce.”
“The course was great.”