£30.00 – £40.00
What will you cook?
Cost: £40 per person for 0 to 99years!
Location: The Spoon Inn, Chorlton
Date /time: 11am-2pm
A 2-tiered 3hr adult & child cooking session to share quality time with young loved ones while nurturing their minds and bodies – skills to last a lifetime!
- Savoury pancakes
- Stir fry
- Ingredients, equipment and aprons provided for the session
- Seasonal seeds to start growing your own & recyclable tin!
Build skills, confidence and have fun together. Good nutritious food is affordable IF you know what to cook & how. We’re a sociable group, sitting together to enjoy and talk about the tasty food you cooked!
Dish the knowledge
Does it matter what we eat? Yes! Understand the environmental
impact our food system places on our precious plant – water,
chemicals, transport, packaging & how we can make positive change!
Bring a take home container for dinner or lunch the next day!
The finer detail
- Please note: Children under 7 must be accompanied by an adult carer.
- By prior arrangement only, can children over 7 years be left to attend the session. Full contact details will be required and a disclaimer must be signed.
- Our Cooking Leader is DBS checked and has led cooking workshops with children on many occasions.
- Additional siblings can be included for £30
- 50% concession available for over 60s email firstname.lastname@example.org
Vegan, vegetarian and dairy free.
You can select your dietary preferences and inform us about any allergies or other requirements during checkout.
What do people think:
“An afternoon session away from tech! and he created food that was so fresh and tasty, we had to stop at the shops on the way home!”
“My daughter had a brilliant time! She loved cooking up a storm and learnt much from the Chef and volunteers. Totally recommend it for kids interested in cooking food and it’s a wonderful way to spend extra time together.”
“Cooking is a life skill I want my children to leave home with. Lotte and I rarely cook together due to time as there are so many other distractions in our lives and it’s tricky to learn together in a parent/child dynamic. When she does cook it usually involves sweet baking … so this session allowed us to learn to cook a savoury dish and relax and enjoy ourselves in a neutral space.”
“Just a quick note to say how much my son & husband enjoyed their session this afternoon. Our son was totally engrossed in the tasting of ingredients/prep/cooking and made him really proud. I was gutted that they ate all the fishcakes – but that means that they will have to cook them again soon! They are really looking forward to their net session in a couple of weeks and I suspect may come to more after that.”