“Having a joined-up response to tackling food poverty across education, health and care, supplier and provider networks; supported by further actions to tackle the roots causes of food poverty will make a huge difference in our efforts to tackle poverty and disadvantage, as well as build a thriving and productive Greater Manchester.”
Andy Burnham says in his foreword to the Poverty Action Plan
Sponsorship through Cracking Good Food provides:
- Support Cracking Good Food & the GMFPA Skills & Training subgroup to eradicate Food Poverty in Greater Manchester
- Photographs of your sponsored session/s and input
- Sponsorship certificate displayed at your sponsored event
- Up to 5,000 Twitter followers
- Up to 2,500 Facebook followers
- Over 6,000 mailshot recipients
- Direct link to your website
- Listing within our recipe booklets
- Logo included in the GM Food Poverty Alliance
Most importantly, the knowledge you did something constructive in addressing acute food poverty. Thank you. Email email@example.com
Call out for Cooking & Growing Equipment Donations!
The Greater Manchester Food Poverty Alliance’s collective mission is to eradicate food poverty in Greater Manchester. As chair of the Skills & Training sub group, Cracking Good Food have created a Call Out for unwanted cooking and growing equipment to give to communities in need. Apex Storage have kindly offered us storage space in 4 locations across Manchester for people to drop off their donations:
To date we’ve had dozens & dozens of boxes filled with vital equipment to enable communities to cook. Thank you. Please keep them coming.
Donations have predominantly been given to homeless hostels and supported housing venues where we are soon to resume FREE 4 week cooking programmes funded by Manchester Adult Education Service (MAES) and the European Union.
We have received donations from:
- Fareshare – lots of equipment
- Apex Storage have donated 4 secure storage units for items to be dropped off in Cheadle, Ardwick, Radcliffe and near Sport City. Full address and drop off instructions above.
- Local school girls organised a community fundraising event, raising £40 which will provide the food for 2 cooking sessions at a women’s hostel. Well done and thank you Isabella and Lauren
- Lots of people have donated individually
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to donate and arrange delivery.